La Flottille de la Liberté III en route pour Gaza
Canadians abducted by Israel to address coast to coast audiences
Upcoming speaking tour beginning February 15 to address Canada’s role in the blockade of Gaza and give their firsthand account of the capture at sea of the Tahrir.
David Heap - A linguistics professor at the University of Western Ontario, Heap was on board the Canadian Boat, the Tahrir, when it was seized by the Israeli navy in international waters.
Ehab Lotayef - A poet and engineer from Montreal, Lotayef was on board the Canadian boat, the Tahrir, when it was seized by the Israeli navy in international waters.
We ask for your support by signing the following
CBG Declaration and Call on the Canadian government
in the space provided below. Thank you!
Canadian Government Abandons Human Rights At Sea: Release the Canadian Boat to Gaza
November 4th, last year, the Canadian ship Tahrir and its cargo of medical supplies, along with everyone onboard, were forcibly taken by the Israeli navy while peacefully sailing in international waters towards the blockaded* Gaza Strip.
The Canadian government expressed no concern to the government of Israel over this serious international incident involving Canadians. Despite multiple requests, the Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs under Minister John Baird is refusing to ask Israel to release the Tahrir and its cargo of desperately-needed medical aid, saying that this is a purely private matter. Canadians expect more from their government.
The Tahrir was bought with Canadian funds collected from people and organizations from coast to coast to coast. Israel has had more than enough time for a thorough inspection and search of the vessel, the ostensible reason used to justify the capture of the Tahrir, and has never found, nor even claimed to find, anything dangerous or prohibited on board. And yet the Harper Tories have once again granted Israel impunity for its reckless actions.
Check our site often for new updates.
In the media June 2015
- Freedom Flotilla arrives in Italy
- Freedom Flotilla arrives in Portugal
- Freedom Flotilla Set Sail to Gaza amid Safety Concerns
- Flotilla III alert: Gaza-bound Marianne arrives in Sicily, on way to challenge Israeli blockade
- Palestine Solidarity: Freedom Flotilla III and Empowering Gaza with Solar Power
Dans les médias juillet 2012 /In the media July 2012
- David Heap radio interview on CHRW 94.9
- Radio report about CBG filing for the return of the Tahrir - CHRW 94.9
Dans les médias mai 2012 /In the media May 2012
- Freedom Waves to Gaza - video of presentation by David Heap in Winnipeg
- David Heap radio interview on CKUW-22 May 2012
- David Heap interview on CBC in Winnipeg
- Announcement of launch of the Gaza's Ark project
Dans les médias mars 2012 /In the media March 2012
- Video presentation by Ehab Lotayef in Vancouver posted by Pasifik.ca
Dans les médias février 2012 /In the media February 2012
- Activist shares story of attempt to breach Gaza blockade, The Telegram
- David Heap comes to town, media cowers, Halifax Media Co-op
- Man formerly detained in Israel speaking in St. John's next Monday, The Telegram
Dans les médias janvier 2012 /In the media January 2012
- David Heap Radio interview on CFMU 93.3 McMaster Hamilton
- Presentation by David Heap at Occupy London, ON
Dans les médias decembre 2011 /In the media December 2011
- David Heap Radio interview on VOP, Voice of Palestine-Vancouver
- Running the Blockade and Harvesting the Olives: Experiences of Solidarity with Palestine, Vancouver Media Co-Op
Dans les médias le 29 novembre 2011 /In the media November 29, 2011
- Karen DeVito and John Turnbull Radio Interview on Voice of Palestine, Voice of Palestine-Vancouver
Dans les médias le 26 novembre 2011 /In the media November 26, 2011
- Tahrir is taken by the IDF 4Nov2011, AlJazeera English footage
Dans les médias le 23 novembre 2011 /In the media November 23, 2011
Israël expulse 2 militants canadiens pour les droits humains après avoir saisi un bateau de la Flottille pour Gaza
Israël saisit un bateau de la Flottille pour Gaza et expulse 2 militants canadiens pour les droits humains
Israel seizes Flotilla ship to Gaza and deports 2 Human Rights advocates to Canada